CAPE (Coalition of Asian Pacifics in Entertainment) has selected its class of 2022 executives for the sixth annual CAPE Leaders Fellowship, a program that equips aspiring creative executives with the skills and professional network to advance to the ranks of Vice President and beyond.
The Fellowship is co-chaired by ACEP Board Members Albert Cheng (COO, Amazon Studios), Naia Cucukov (EVP, Development and Production, Walden Media), and Peter McHugh (Partner and Manager, The Gotham Group).
“With the continued notoriety and popularity of the CAPE Leaders Fellowship, we were honored to consider and meet so many impressive candidates,” said Peter McHugh, Fellowship Co-Chair and Board Member. CAPE leaders. “We congratulate this outstanding class of executives and welcome them to this fellowship for leaders of today and tomorrow. We look forward to their continued rise in the industry and hope that the conversations and connections over the past few weeks are just beginning and will continue to benefit Fellows throughout their careers.
Names of CAPE Leaders Fellowship Participants:
• Eric Hsiao: creative manager at Perfect Storm Entertainment
• Grace Tran: Head of Scripted Programming at Universal International Studios
• Grant Torre: director, film development and production at Stampede Ventures
• Jason Pan: Manager, Original Series of Shows and Events at Netflix
• Michelle Wilens: Creative Lead, Film at The SpringHill Company
• Moera Ainai: head of television at 21 Laps Entertainment
• Sid Mehra: Head of TV Development and Production at Endeavor Content
• Tom Fields: creative executive, animation and family at Amazon Studios
“As the first organization to recognize the importance of creative executives in changing the stories told by Hollywood, CAPE is extremely proud of this scholarship,” said Michelle K. Sugihara, Executive Director of CAPE. “It is essential to have creative executives from different backgrounds who understand the dynamic diversity of stories and experiences within our communities.”
Nearly two dozen alumni have been promoted to the upper ranks, including Nikitha Menon (VP, Destin Daniel Cretton’s Family Owned Entertainment), Mohan Mandali (VP, Development and Production, Fabel Entertainment), Rebecca Cho (SVP, Development and film production, Ryan Coogler’s Proximity Media), Jon Wu (producer and head of filmed content, The Green Room), Kenny Tsai (SVP, Current Programming, UCP), Janice Park (VP, Scripted, Onyx Collective), and more .
The CAPE Leaders Fellowship is one of three CAPE development programs along with the CAPE New Writers Fellowship, which will enter its eleventh year in 2023, and the CAPE Animation Directors Accelerator. For more information, visit capeusa.org.