Great Reno Balloon Race: Over. Next, the Stihl National Championship air races and air show at Stead, which start on Wednesday and continue through Sunday. If you’re in the mood for a difference scene, here are five events to tickle your fancy.
Be sure to confirm event details with organizers, including COVID-19 restrictions.
- Distilled Science: Where there is smoke, there is fire to discover. In this lecture series created by the Discovery and Desert Research Institute, scientists will discuss how they are ushering in new knowledge to better predict forest fires, harness the regenerative effects of fire, and mitigate its impact on life and property. Link for information.
- Art on Tap: an evening of community art. Stop by The Generator Inc. for a low-key evening filled with delicious drinks and incredible artwork. This is the monthly social art where you can chat with our artists about their works. Link for information.
- The Sleeping Beauty. The dancers of the AVA Ballet Theater open their fall season with the classic which features live music from the Reno Phil at the Pioneer Center for the Performing Arts. Link for information.
- Believe in Reno with Gorgon City. Bass Camp Festival, a summer electronic music festival and live concert promoter, features a night of national DJs, art installations, vendor village and food trucks at City Plaza in downtown Reno, next to the “Believe” sign. Link for information.
- Party in Wells. After a year of inactivity due to the pandemic, Fiesta on Wells returns to Reno to celebrate Hispanic Heritage Month and recognize the history, traditions and contributions to American society of Latin American communities. Link for information.
See all the events in our calendar. Add an event here.
This Is Reno has been your source for independent and award-winning Reno online news and events since 2009. We are locally owned and operated.